The team at Central Avenue Publishing have undertaken a fairly significant restructure of their operations in order to accommodate their new working relationship with IPG - a task which I'm assured has been both exciting and daunting all at the same time.
Meanwhile, editing on the manuscript is now - almost - at completion. The file has traversed the globe between my home office here in Adelaide and the Vancouver offices of Central Avenue Publishing many times as I liaise with the editing team to review changes and mark ups and grammatical corrections. It has, at times, seemed like a never ending process and I am sure it continue to be so as we progress towards the publication date.
(Revisions, revisions - a not a Facebook window open in sight).
In preparation for the process of seeking trade reviews, we have now reverted to calling it an advanced reading copy (or ARC) instead of a manuscript. Basically this means that The Recipient will live and breathe as a 'near-to-final' physical copy that will be sent out to numerous reviewers for their appraisal and pre-release critiques. That part of the process is gearing up as I write this and it is making me feel a little nervous - excited - but nervous.
My next task is to seek out endorsements for the novel. By this, I mean that I on the hunt for notable personalities, authors, literary experts in the field of psychological thrillers - even celebrities - who I can approach and ask if they would be interested in reviewing my novel and providing (hopefully) an endorsement for it. If I can find the right person, their endorsement will be a significant feather in the cap of The Recipient.
(Ms. O - will you endorse my book??)
Michelle Halket, the Creative Director of Central Avenue Publishing will be flying to Chicago next week for a two day conference with the sales and marketing team at IPG. During that time, Michelle will be presenting The Recipient to the team who will then work up a comprehensive sales/marketing strategy that will carry us forward into the new year.
It all sounds like heavily industry related stuff and I'll admit, a lot of it seems a little beyond my comprehension. But, I'm excited by this new path that we are on and the potential that exists for really good things to happen.
Again, thank you to all of you who have signed on to this journey. I look forward to being able to share more content with you soon but, in the meantime, I'm getting back to work on this little book of mine and counting down the days until 'Star Wars - The Force Awakens'.
DFA.

This is exciting Dean. All the best of luck with this one!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Darlene! It feels as though we've been in a holding pattern for a while but now the momentum is definitely building - and fast!
Delete